Quality assessment laboratory | Belgium
ready for the future
For an international pharmaceutical company a redesign is created for a new quality assessment laboratory.
The proposed organizational structure ensures optimization of flexibility and interaction on the one hand and the entry of daylight on the other. A clear zoning of offices and laboratories around a central meeting and conference area forms the basis of the design. Combined with a facade design that seeks balance between maximizing natural light and reducing heat entry creates a well controlled building design with a focus on various arrangements and connections of equipment.
The spatial concept is reinforced by unequivocal logistic flows of people, monsters and waste on the one hand. On the other, clear principles of air handling and utilities provide a total concept that can move along with the ever-changing needs of the users.
The sustainability elements in the integrated design will are ready for a LEED Gold certification.
- Synergy and communication
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Design concept
- (all services are executed by Roy Pype as associate partner at Wiegerinck architectuur stedenbouw)
- Client: pharmaceutical company
- Architect: Wiegerinck architectuur stedenbouw
- MEP: Arcadis
- Visualization: Wiegerinck