Brains Unlimited | Maastricht
For a better understandig of our brain
Brains Unlimited provides an understanding of the difference between the workings of a healthy brain and brain-related conditions. Brains Unlimited wants to further develop the knowledge available in the field of cognitive neurosciences, encourage the use of knowledge already acquired and stimulate enterprise in this field.
Collaboration between researchers and the business community ensures that new therapies and medicines can be developed. To facilitate this, a specialised incubator called ‘NeuroPartner’ was completed. This incubator is home to the department of cognitive neurosciences and an ultra-high fMRI scanner. It is here that knowledge institutes and businesses can use a 7 Tesla and a 9.4 Tesla full-body MRI scanner. Brains Unlimited is pursuing close collaboration with the industry sector, in particular in the fields of developing psychoactive drugs and MRI imaging. A neurophysics training institute has also been set up as part of the initiative.
Brains Unlimited is the first physical extension of the Maastricht Health Campus, where knowledge institutes and businesses will bring economic growth and global scientific recognition.
- Gathering research, education, startups and partnering companies around brain research
- Sharing facilities and space
- New heart for southern part of campus
- First project within Maastricht Health Campus
- Design concept
- Design management
- Coordination of Total Engineering
- (all services executed by Roy Pype as projectmanager for Wiegerinck architectuur stedenbouw)
- client: Maastricht University
- Architect: Wiegerinck architectuur stedenbouw
- MEP: Arup Amsterdam
- Structural: Arup Amsterdam
- Landscape: Poelmans Reesink
- Projectmanagement: AT Osborne
- Contractor: Van Wijnen
- Photography: Kim Zwarts, Leon Abraas